Dear Family and Friends,
In a couple of hours, I'll be headed to the airport and then to Paris, France! For those of you who don't know, I'm traveling with Alan and Heidi Winter of Frontline Missions. (I also traveled with them in April to Honduras). I'm hoping to get to work more and more with Alan and Heidi. This trip to France is a step in that direction. God put France in my heart when I was 17 years old and now, His plans for me are coming together and becoming very real. I'm very excited about the possibilities ahead and I can't wait to see what God is doing in France and what He will work in my heart for the next 10 days. I'll be gone from August 10th - August 20th. We'll be staying with some friends of the Winters and will be traveling around with them for the time we are there.
Please pray for the following things (as well as whatever else God may put on your heart for this trip)
- Pray that we will be sensitive to God's leading and obedient to do what He asks
- Pray that we will see His vision for France and how we and Frontline Missions fit into that vision
- Pray for open doors in France and for us to see the best way to bring the Gospel to the French
- Pray for my language skills. This is a great opportunity for me to practice French with fluent speakers. Pray that I won't be afraid to just go for it. I want this to be a learning experience!
- Pray for my health. I've been struggling with extreme fatigue for a few months now. I have identified some possible causes and have begun treating them. I'm feeling MUCH better, but pray that I continue to get well and I stay healthy and have the energy for this trip.
Thank you in advance for your prayers. I'm very excited about this new chapter in my life and I can't wait to see what God's going to do. I'll keep you posted if I can (not sure what kind of time or opportunity I will have to email).
P.S. My cousin and her husband, Abby and Chris Ireland, are currently on a short term medical mission trip in Trinidad. Please keep them in your prayers as well. And, if you want to see some of the things God has done through Frontline Missions and their work in Latin America, please check out Peachtree Christian Fellowship's website. It's exciting to see what God did through them in Honduras last month!!
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me". - Erma Bombeck