A Wedding Prayer

Lately, there's been alot going on in my life. Some of it has been amazing while some of it has been absolutely heartbreaking. One of the amazing things is that I'm digging deeper into music and into the gifts the Lord has given me. In light of that, I've been revisiting songs I've written and updating my artist profiles. There's still much work to be done, but it's an exciting thing to get started on the journey.

Today, as I was uploading songs, I came across one that I wrote for my friend, Joanna Winter before she became Joanna Grimes. As a vocalist, I've worked with a number of brides. Each wedding has had it's own personality and each bride has provided a different experience. Joanna was one of my favorites.

Joanna and I have been dear friends since high school. I've watched and walked with her as she has chased after the Lord and learned to honor Him with her life. As it came time for Joanna to marry Justin, she and I began to talk about wedding music. Joanna shared with me that she had 2 goals for that day: 1. That God be glorified 2. That we would celebrate what He had done.

As I thought about her day, the Lord gave me a vision of how it would look through her eyes. It was one of the most emotional song writing experiences I've ever had. I had to pull over and write it down before it was lost.

When I shared the song with Joanna, I expected that it would be a private gift from me to her. But, she surprised me by loving it and asking me to sing it in the ceremony. What an honor it was to share that day with my friend and to be able to portray her heart for her wedding day.

You can listen to the song, "In Us Be Pleased" at http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/song_details/4427411?play_now=true. When I recorded it, I had the opportunity to make it a duet with my long time friend, Dan Steere. Below are the lyrics. Enjoy.


In Us Be Pleased

Jesus, You have loved me since before I knew my name
You created me with purpose and a plan
On this day as I take these vows and forever things are changed
I feel the comfort of Your hand

She's Your precious daughter and I, Your blessed son
And today as we come into this place
We will join our spirits, our hearts and lives as one
And together, we'll forever seek Your face

As my daddy walks me down the aisle
I see my mama's lovin' smile
And the man You created for me
I pray that we will honor You
And every little thing we do will bring glory to Your name
You created me for him and him for me
Oh, Jesus, in us be pleased

Here before our families, surrounded by our friends
In Your name we take these sacred vows
And join our lives together, two becoming one
In a bond that cannot be undone
We choose today to honor You
And proclaim for all to see
That by Your grace and mercy You have made us complete

As my daddy walks me down the aisle
I see my mama's lovin' smile
And the man You created for me
I pray that we will honor You
And every little thing we do will bring glory to Your name
You created me for him and him for me
Oh, Jesus, in us be pleased
'Cause You created me for him and him for me
Oh, Jesus, in us be pleased

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please help...I need your input

Our Perfect Day

Forgiveness