Thanksgiving - Part II

In my last post, I spent a moment expressing thanks for an amazing God who overwhelms me with His grace. But, I have so much for which to be thankful, that I felt like posting a second Thanksgiving blog.

I'm thankful for being raised in a godly home. My parents protected me from so much of the world and, although it annoyed me as a teenager, I find it priceless as an adult. They've helped me preserve my options in so many ways.

I'm thankful for growing up in a home where I was the only girl with two awesome brothers. It taught me many things and gave me a sense of love and protection.

I'm thankful for my sister who loves me as if there is no such thing as "in-law" and for the one I will call sister in the future.

I'm thankful for the miracle of life that I see everytime I see my beautiful niece. I'm thankful for her inquisitive nature. I'm thankful for her innocence. I'm thankful for her laughter and the fact that she recognizes mine. I'm looking forward to the many years we will share with the aunt/niece bond that is so unique.

I'm thankful for friends who are truly more than I deserve and more like family than I could have ever dreamed possible. For the ones who speak Truth in love, I am eternally grateful. Because of you, I have avoided pitfalls and potholes that would have derailed my walk and destroyed my plans. For the ones who love me, no matter what, you are my strength and my joy. For those who fight for me, I am always amazed at the fierceness of your love and I am humbled by it. For those who sharpen me, I am eternally grateful as you make me more like my Savior. For those who laugh with me, you make me happy and bring joy to my daily exisistence. For those who trust me, your faith honors me and is held in highest regard. Friends are truly the family you choose, and I am overwhelmed by the friends with whom I have been blessed. Truly overwhelmed.

I'm thankful for a church body that wants to grow and is resilient. I'm thankful that we are part of the greater Bride of Christ, as she stretches out across all of history and humanity. May we see Rapid Kingdom Expansion in our day.

I'm thankful for music.

I'm thankful for laughter.

I'm thankful for second chances and redemption.

I'm thankful. Period.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please help...I need your input

Forgiveness

Our Perfect Day