Nope...haven't fallen off the face of the Earth...

Fallen off the face of the earth…

It’s been a while since I’ve blogged anything. It’s actually been a while since I’ve done much communicating at all. For a natural born introvert who converted to extrovertism at a young age, there often come times when I need a break from all social activity. Sometimes these periods are brief, other times they can be quite protracted. I have no idea when this one will end. I suppose the fact that I’m even thinking about sharing my most recent thoughts is a good sign that the end is near. We shall see.

During these periods of introspection, I spend a great deal of time reading and “chillin’ out” and not much time conversing and connecting. I find that I need these stretches of time to recharge myself and again be able to face my world of extroverts. However, I think these phases of mine confuse my friends. I think they begin to feel as though I have “fallen off the face of the earth”.

Thanks to Jamie for drawing me out some this weekend. It was really wonderful to spend some meaningful time in conversation with my dear friend. And, thanks again to those I saw on Saturday night…several friends who I don’t see often enough.

Maybe one day I’ll decide which I really am…introvert or extrovert. Then again, probably not. Those who know me best understand that these periods of silence are more about me and my ability to give than about my desire to spend time with them. Sometimes I just need to disengage. So, for those of you who are certain I’ve fallen off the face of the earth…I hope to resurface soon! ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please help...I need your input

Our Perfect Day

Forgiveness