Modern Day Miracle Workers

This week, God gave me my own little miracle and I wanted to share the story. For many years, I have had chronic pain in my back, legs, and arms. I’ve had it for so long, it’s really become quite normal for me. In an effort to manage the pain, I’ve seen a number of chiropractors over the years. In the last couple of years, I’ve been introduced to a wonderful Christian chirpractor in Tyrone, Dr. Peggy Murray. Dr. Peggy has been more than a chiropractor for me. She has openly shared her heart and her faith. She told me on my first visit that she is a Christian chiropractor, not just a chiropractor who is a Christian. She prays over me as she adjusts me and uses her gift of healing as she works on my back.

Last week, she told me (for about the millionth time) that I really needed a massage. My muscles were in such knots that she wasn’t having much luck adjusting me. She also told me she would pray for the person I went to see to be someone with the gift of healing…someone with a healing touch.

Yesterday, I was not feeling well and really hurting quite a bit. I left work and called the Zen Massage center near my house. I took the next appointment they had with a female therapist. For the first hour, she worked on just my arms. (I have an injury in my right shoulder that’s caused a lot of trouble in the last few months). I wasn’t exactly sure what to think of her as her method was a bit unconventional. (She was talking to my muscles, ligmaments, tendons, nerves, veins, etc. as she massaged me and asked them to release…it seemed a little crazy at first). But, as she worked, I could tell that she was making progress with my muscles, so I worked with her to relax my muscles and focus on releasing the tension. As she was working on my shoulders, she began to ask me questions. She asked me about the people I feel responsible for in my life. She could tell that I have a lot of responsibility. It was then that she told me what the Bible says about carrying burdens. She said, “I don’t know if you are a Bible believer, but Jesus tells us to put our burdens on Him…”. She went on to address some other things she identified by the tension in my body and gave me a gentle reminder of what the Bible says.

It was at that point that I recalled Dr. Peggy’s prayer. I could hardly believe it as my encounter with Denise seemed like so much chance. But, I am again reminded that the Lord is intimately involved in the details of my life and this was no chance encounter. Dr. Peggy had prayed that I would see a therapist who had the gift of healing. When I told Denise that my chiropractor had prayed for her, she, nearly in tears, told me that she had prayed for miracles that morning. She said, “I prayed for miracles here today, for my coworkers and my employers. I wasn’t even thinking about it happening to me”.

So, that’s my story of modern day miracle workers. No, I’m not completely cured of my pain, but I have less than I did the day before. And, I have a very real story of how God uses the gifts of His people to show His love in the lives of His children. I’m very thankful for two women who are unashamed of their Savior and the gifts He’s given them. They healed more than just my body this week, they helped heal my heart. So, thank you, ladies, for your obedience and you willingness to share your faith and your gifts.

If you’re looking for a great chiropractor, call Dr. Peggy Murray of Tyrone Chirpractic. And, if you need a great massage, call Denise at Zen Massage!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please help...I need your input

Our Perfect Day

Forgiveness