Doing All Things With Excellence

In the past couple of weeks I have really been challenged by watching the life of a friend of mine. I've watched him take on a couple of projects and go hard at them without complaining. As I've watched him and seen the results of his hard work, I have been awed by what a difference it makes to do something with excellence.

Many, if not most, of us are usually satisfied with "good enough". We don't give our best effort at everything and simply settle for whatever we accomplish. I am guilty of that often. I usually get a "good enough" result with a minimal or average effort, and I've been content with that.

No more.

As I've thought about this during the week, the Holy Spirit has really convicted me. There are areas of my life that really need attention in the excellence department. I've been reading the Scriptures (Colossians 3, II Peter 1, Philipians 4, etc) and it only reaffirms what I am feeling in my spirit. Everything I do, whether in word or deed, should be done as if to the King.

Now, of course, this is something that I've always known, but I have failed in this area. So, I am redoubling my efforts to take on life with excellence. It's requiring a great deal of work in preparing and organizing, but then, I am playing catch up. I hope to look back in a month and be able to see the fruits of my labor and see a significant difference.

Please pray for me as I pursue a life that is worthy of the call of Christ. Please pray that I will set myself aside and do all things to the glory of my King.

Thanks, Friend, for living your life as an example for others. You never know who is watching. You never know whose life may be changed by your faithfulness. A good lesson for us all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please help...I need your input

Our Perfect Day

Forgiveness