You're Gonna Miss This

I just listened to the song by Trace Adkins called "You're Gonna Miss This". It really struck a chord with me today for a number of reasons.

Here's a link to the song if you'd like to hear it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0QCCNCkvzI&feature=channel

In the last few years, I've thought about the theme of this song a good bit. "You're gonna miss this...you're gonna want this back". I think, sometimes, we're so focused on what's next that we miss what's right in front of us. It's exciting to look forward, but all too often, we're looking back before we know it, wondering where the time has gone.

Sometimes, we're so focused on pain that we lose years with someone over something that, in the end, really never mattered. But, in those years, we miss moments we'll never get back. Life can change so quickly with loves, marriages, babies, and even death. You don't get those moments back. It breaks my heart to see what moments I've missed over the years.

So, I just wanted to stop for a moment and let this lesson sink in. I want to be someone who doesn't borrow trouble from tomorrow, but lives in today. I want to be someone who loves people well and walks beside them through the moments of their lives. I don't want to look back at missed opportunities to share my faith or the love of God. I don't want anger, bitterness, or pain to keep me from missing out on that moment when someone finds the one they've waited for, that grooms sees his bride approach, a baby's first smile, or a thousand other memories that come from living life with someone.

I would challenge you to remember this: time is precious and you don't get a second chance at some things. Choose not to live with regret by loving well, pursuing peace, and finding joy in the moment.

"You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times so take a good look around
You may not know it now
But, you're gonna miss this"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please help...I need your input

Our Perfect Day

Forgiveness