Something you should know...

So, there's something pretty important that you should know. It's life changing, really. It's actually already something many of you do know, but it's easy to forget and always worth hearing again. So, since it's been on my heart and mind all day, I'm gonna tell you now.

You are so loved.

It's true. And, even though many of you know that you are loved by your parents, or friends, or whoever, it doesn't always feel that way, does it? That's what happens when you are loved by imperfect people. Sometimes we forget to tell people that we love them. Sometimes we fail to show it. Other times, we let it die because of something silly or something we think we should hold onto forever. But, there's a truth that gives me hope even when I feel completely unseen, unloved, and unappreciated by those around me. You ready? Here it is:

"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing". - Zephaniah 3:17

Wow.

Take a second. Read it again. Let it sink in.

Wow.

I'd like to paint a little picture of what that verse brings to mind for me. In December of last year, I became an aunt to a precious little baby girl. (Now, I've been "Aunt Christy" to some other babies, but haven't had the privilege of getting to see them that much as they were growing.) One of the joys of my life is when I get to hold her, rock her, and sing her to sleep at naptime. It's just indescribable. She knows me when she sees me and that gives me great delight every time it happens. She trusts me enough to lay her head on my shoulder, curl up in my arms, and fall asleep while I sing to her. It's beautiful. And, it's a tangible picture of God's love.

For those of you who are parents, your joy in a moment like this must only be multiplied. I am not yet a mom, so I can't imagine what that must be like. So, I relate it to the relationship I have with my niece. It's overwhelming.

And, it's true.

God is with us and He is mighty to save. Nothing overwhelms Him. Nothing is too much for Him. Nothing is too difficult.

He takes great delight in us. Can you picture it? Have you ever seen someone overcome with delight? A new mother or father as they look at their newborn child. A child at Christmas who just unwrapped the present for which they've longed. The groom whose face lights up as his bride enters the church on their wedding day. God delights in us like that. But, to a level we can not even imagine.

He quiets us with His love. Peace like a river. The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. The Balm of Gilead. Jehovah Rapha. Healer. Emmanual.

He rejoices over us with singing. The King of the Universe rejoices over you. Words fail me.

No matter what we've done, He loves us.

No matter how flawed we are, He loves us.

No matter how little we love ourselves, He loves us.

Isn't it beautiful?

So, I just thought you should know. I thought you should know that the One who created you, who knows you better than you could ever know yourself, the One who sees you as you will one day be when you see Him face to face, loves you with a love that is overwhelming, perfect, unimaginable, unfailing, and complete.

Take a minute and drink it in. Let it wash over you.

You are loved.

You are loved.

You are loved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please help...I need your input

Our Perfect Day

Forgiveness