My Sister

So, if you've ever stopped by this blog or maybe caught it in a facebook note, you know that I pretty much write about whatever's on my mind at any given time. Today will be no different.

I've had the opportunity lately to think about the kind of person my sister, Katie, is. What's that? You didn't know I had a sister? Well, I do. Now, she's not a biological sister; the Lord didn't give me one of those. I think He knew best on that one, actually. I loved being the only girl with 2 brothers. But, when my brother Daniel (you can read my recent post about him by going here: http://christysolly.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-brother.html) got married, I gained a sister.

And, I couldn't ask for a better wife for my brother.

She loves him and it's absolutely clear when you see them together. That's all a sister every really wants anyway - someone who loves her brother more than she does. And Katie is fierce about the people she loves. She fights for and defends them. She does her best to protect them. I've watched and seen how much and how well she loves my brother and it makes me happy.

Katie is beautiful, classy and successful. She has a Master's of Education from the University of Georgia and I believe she'd make a great teacher if she chose to step back into that field. Currently, she works with us through the travel agency and she does a great job with her clients.

But, her main job right now, is being a great mom to Ansley Katherine - my niece. I absolutely love to watch Katie with Ansley. Even their photographer commented the other day that you can see the love in their home through Ansley. And, it's absolutely true. That little girl is as precious as can be and as happy. She loves to laugh and you can tell that she is surrounded by love and laughter. She is already the product of a happy home. It's beautiful.

Katie and Daniel have dated since High School, so I have had the privilege of watching her grow from a teenager, into a young woman, a wife and a mother. She's grown so much and is continually learning and growing. I love getting to be part of that process.

So, Katie, I want you to know that I love you and I'm proud of you. I love that you love my brother and that you are raising a beautiful little girl. I'm thankful that I now have a sister and that sister is you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please help...I need your input

Our Perfect Day

Forgiveness