As Iron Sharpens Iron

I have amazing friends. That's pretty much the story of my life. Over the years, I've been humbled and awed by the calibre of people I've been honored to call friend. They have been such blessings in my life and I'm sure I don't tell them so often enough.

"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another" - Proverbs 27:17

I've been blessed to always have those kinds of friends in my life; the kinds of friends who sharpen, challenge, and encourage me. I spent some time catching up with one of those friends this week. True to form, she began asking me questions meant to stir up my spirit and get me thinking. As we talked, as so often happens, I began to process things out loud for the first time. I realized that I feel stuck right now.

Stuck.

Have you ever felt that way? Have you ever looked around and wondered why you're not miles farther down the road? Or, have you felt like you just keep spinning your wheels but not making any progress? Stuck in neutral, revving your engine, and it's making alot of noise, but not getting you to your destination?

I feel that way right now. It's not for lack of talent, options or opportunities; it's because I've let the current turmoil in my life zap my energy and motivation. Well, that's going to stop.

I had another friend remind me not to sell my joy for something cheap and that's exactly what I've been doing. That's not to say that the conflict in my life is not important. I want more than anything to find resolution and harmony in those situations. But, it does mean that it shouldn't be allowed to steal my joy and I have certainly allowed that for far too long.

So, I'm kicking it into gear. I'm picking up where I left off on projects that I've neglected for far too long. I'm continuing to pray for peace, but there's only so much that is within my control. And, whether I let this keep me down is certainly one of those things within my control.

So, thank you, my dear friend for caring enough to ask probing questions and help me sift through my thoughts. Thank you to all of you who do that for me. I'm so blessed to have friends who truly love me and want to see me reach my potential and use the gifts I've been given.

So, today, I'm a little sharper and a lot more thankful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please help...I need your input

Our Perfect Day

Forgiveness