Thanksgiving 2011

It's been a while since I've taken the time to blog. There's a great deal running through my mind, so I may have a few posts in the works. But, before too much more time passes, I think I should take a moment and reflect on all of things for which I am thankful this year.

The last couple of years have been dotted with conflict and pain for me and my family. It's been a difficult process, but the Lord has been faithful to give us beauty amidst the storm. That's what I'm thankful for, most of all, this year.

I'm thankful for relationships that are renewed and stronger through lessons learned.

I'm thankful for a better understanding of what it means to "speak the truth in love" and why it is so important. I understand better why "beating around the bush" is not really loving or kind, even though we think we're trying to spare someone's feelings.

I'm thankful for modern medicine and doctors who can replace my Mom's knees. I'm thankful for hospitals and emergency room doctors and nurses who were able to treat my Dad's recent cardiac event. We are blessed to be able to have access to quick and quality medical care.

I'm thankful for my beautiful niece, Ansley Katherine, who shows me every day what it means to wonder at the world. Watching her grow and being part of her life is one of the greatest joys I've ever experienced.

I'm thankful for friends who have allowed me to cry on their shoulders and, on occasion, scream in their ears. There are several people in my life who truly deserve a title stronger than "friend". They are the ones I can call in the middle of the night. They show up with meals for my family, company for my mom, or with their work boots on without hesitation. I am richly blessed by amazing people who love me so well. It's truly humbling.

But, for me, this year has been largely about a story of reconciliation and redemption. In the midst of turmoil that seems to have no end, the Lord gave me something truly beautiful and full of hope on which to hang my heart. I could never have imagined the roads that lead us here. I am so grateful for a God who cares about the minute details of my story and has been weaving it together over the years.

I don't know what the future holds, but I do know that I have been given an immense blessing and measure of joy. And, I've been given proof that the Lord hears my prayers and His Word and voice can be trusted.

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." (Ephesians 3:20-21)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please help...I need your input

Our Perfect Day

Forgiveness