Our Angel (Ansley's Song)

On Christmas Eve, 2009, our family was blessed with a precious little angel. This last year has been amazing. I've loved getting to see so many of her firsts and watch her experience the world through a fresh and untainted lens.

A few months before she was born, I was hanging out at my house when a song idea and melody popped into my head. I jumped up from the couch and sat down to write a song for my soon to be born niece. Sometimes, when I write music, I write from the perspective of someone else. In this case, I tried to put myself in the shoes of my brother (Daniel) and sister-in-law (Katie) as they were expecting their first child. I thought about how much we all already loved this little baby and were looking forward to her arrival. And, I thought about the hopes and dreams of Katie's Abuela (Grandmother) as she had hoped and prayed for a baby with Daniel's eyes and Katie's curls.

This song is what followed. I hope you enjoy it.

Ansley Katherine, Aunt Christy loves you so much and is so proud of you already. I can't wait to see what a beautiful young woman you grow up to be. And, even though, when I wrote this song, I was thinking of how your mommy and daddy must feel, you are truly an angel to all of us. Love you, Baby Girl!

(Click here if the video doesn't come through: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nIW2gxKKhM)



Photography by:
Brenna B Photography
Britt Clearie Photography
Christina Lynn

Words and Music written and performed by:
Christina Lynn

Produced by:
Josh Fisher

Special thanks to:
Howie Lauer
Karlee Bradbury

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please help...I need your input

Our Perfect Day

Forgiveness