What Defines You?

In an interview I had today, I shared a recent struggle and how I had decided not to "let it define me" any further. Towards the end of the interview, one of the gentlmen interviewing me returned to that topic. He said, "You said you weren't letting [that situation] define you, but what would you say does define you?".

Excellent Question.

How do I want to be known? The question gave me pause for a moment. I shared with him that I want to be known as someone who loves Jesus and is busy sharing His light. I want to reflect Him. And, then I told him that I think my friends would say that I'm a person who loves really well. I definitely want to be known like that.

But, as I think about it, I think I would have to define myself as a work on the way. I really want to love like Jesus, but I know that I often fall short of that goal. But, I'm trying. I want to be a great support to my friends and someone whom they can trust. But, again, I know I fail in that area too. I am an honest person. But, much of that comes from an innate inability to lie, so I'm not sure how much credit I can take for that.

Here's what I know - this is how the Lord defines me (and I'll rest in it):

"You'll get a brand-new name
straight from the mouth of God.
You'll be a stunning crown in the palm of God's hand,
a jeweled gold cup held high in the hand of your God.
No more will anyone call you Rejected,
and your country will no more be called Ruined.
You'll be called Hephzibah (My Delight),
and your land Beulah (Married),
Because God delights in you ..." Isaiah 62:2b-4a


It's an excellent question and one I'll probably consider for some time to come. What would you say if someone asked what defines you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please help...I need your input

Our Perfect Day

Forgiveness