Don't worry...I'm right behind you

I had the honor, today, of attending the funeral of a man who walked 93 years on this earth. I can't even begin to imagine the things he saw in his lifetime. I wonder what he must have thought as he saw the world go through so many changes.

His obituary stated that he had nine hobbies: his wife, his seven children, and his church. What a legacy to leave. He was a military man, a business man, and a community leader, but what he loved was his wife, his seven children, and his church. I am blessed to know one of his children and two of his grandchildren. I can see his legacy in them.

What touched me the most, this week, as I heard stories of his passing, was of a comment his wife of 70 years made to him in his last days. I'm told that she told him it was ok to let go, not to worry because, "I'm right behind you".

How beautiful.

I'm sure that is not a comforting thought for their children who are still grieving the loss of their father, but somehow, it really is comforting. It's a reminder that this place is not our home. We are strangers here. Our home awaits where we will be perfected and whole. No more sickness. No more death. No more tears and pain.

Mr. Williams was greeted this week by friends and loved ones who had already made it home. Now, he waits to receive his bride once again when her time here is complete. How comforting to know that we do not grieve like those who have no hope, but as ones who know what is to come.

My heart breaks for the Williams family as they greive the loss of their loved one. But, I rejoice with them, also, as they know he is no longer in pain and in the arms of His blessed Redeemer. And, they have hope that they will see him again.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/macon/Obituary.aspx?pid=148334753

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfFOlPTyULg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please help...I need your input

Our Perfect Day

Forgiveness