What is Love?

A recent sermon by my pastor and a blog post from my friend have me asking some questions about love and what I don't understand about it.

If you have a moment, take a break from what you're reading here and read Rachael's Blog: We Don't Fully Understand Love

If you can't access it by clicking above, you can access it here: http://rmirabella.blogspot.com/2011/02/we-dont-fully-understand-love.html

It won't hurt my feelings if you don't make it back to this blog after reading Rae's. She gives her readers a great deal to think through, and I am still chewing on what she said.

But, I would love to see some discussion about it, as it always helps me to hear what others are thinking.

At Word of Life, we are currently enjoying a series based upon the book "The Hiding Place" by Corrie Ten Boom. There are so many examples of love and faith in God in that book that it is at times overwhelming. To see love in action in the lives of the Ten Boom family is truly humbling.

Last week, we focused on the definition of love that the Apostle Paul gave us. I will leave you with that because I couldn't say it any better. But, I will be ruminating on all of this and would love to hear your thoughts on love as well.

1 Corinthians 13:1-7 (New International Version, ©2010)

1 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please help...I need your input

Our Perfect Day

Forgiveness