Celebrating 59 Years of Marriage

Today is my Grandparents' 59th wedding anniversary. Can you imagine? Married to the same person for 59 years! I am in awe of such an accomplishment and so thankful I have a marriage like that to observe.

It's always so interesting to me when I talk to my Grandparents about all of the things they have done and observed over the years. There is so much wisdom to be found at the feet of those who have already walked the road.

My Grandpa has always been a hard worker and very good with his resources. He has always done what he needed to do to provide for his family and he is a skilled craftsmen at so many things. He's patient and kind and generous. He's a good, good man.

My Grandma is a very creative person. I love seeing how she chooses to express herself through her artwork. And, she has a passion for passing that love of painting on to others. She loves to teach and watch her students grow. She has, along with my Grandfather, raised 5 children and watched as they have had children and grandchildren. She loves to talk about Jesus and the things she learns.

And, I'm blessed because they both love me very much.

I pray that I one day have the opportunity to live life with someone for such a length of time. Although, my cousin did point out that even if we each got married this year, we'd be 91 when we attained this benchmark.

Congratulations, Grandma and Grandpa Solly! Thanks for bringing my Dad into this world and teaching him what it means to be a good parent. Thanks for loving me and being there for me when I need you. I hope my grandchildren can say the same of me one day. I love you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please help...I need your input

Our Perfect Day

Forgiveness