Healing through Tears

I've been listening to this song, over and over, for the last couple of days. It has connected deeply with my heart and I want to share it with you.

Blessings
by: Laura Story

We pray for blessings, we pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
And all the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love us way too much to give us lesser things

'Cause What if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing through tears
And What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

We pray for wisdom, Your voice to hear
We cry in anger when we can not feel You near
We doubt Your goodness, we doubt Your love
As if every promise from Your Word is not enough
And all the while, You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd faith to believe

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
And what if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
And what if trials of this life, are Your mercies in disguise

When friends betray us
When darkness seems to win we know
The pain reminds this heart that this is not, this is not our home
It's not our home

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if my greatest disappointments or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy
And what if trials of this life, the rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are Your mercies in disguise


8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the LORD.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts. - Isaiah 55:8-9


We so often think we know what is best for us or how a situation should be handled. We ask the Lord, all the time, for things we don't understand. I love the line that says, "You love us way too much to give us lesser things." The plan the Lord has for us is so much greater than we could imagine, and yet we constantly ask to settle for less. "What if Your blessings come through raindrops, what if Your healing comes through tears? What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near? What if the trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise?"

What if?

What if the pain I'm experiencing today is preparing me for something down the road? What if I'd crumble without my experience now?

What if the disappointment I'm facing is God's grace for me in a way I can't yet see?

What if, when I pray for healing for a loved one, the Lord chooses not to heal or to call them home? Who am I to question that?

He hears me. I know that. His "no" is the kindest answer He can give, sometimes, even if we don't see it that way.

His ways are higher than ours.

His thoughts are beyond our comprehension.

What a blessing to have a Father who knows and sees all and is working all things together for our good. All things. Not just the things we think are good. All things. (Thanks, Daniel, for pointing that out). Romans 8:28.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CSVqHcdhXQ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please help...I need your input

Our Perfect Day

Forgiveness