31 Days of Wisdom: Proverbs 2

Please visit the link below if you would like to read through Proverbs 1 before continuing.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs%202&version=NIV

Disclaimer: This is a personal journey of discovery for me. I am not claiming any special wisdom or exposition of my own, only sharing how 31 days of wisdom affect me and stir my spirit. I highly suggest, no matter who is speaking or sharing, that you check their words against the words of Scripture.

Proverbs 2

The “if/then” of Wisdom (2:1-11)

IF:

- “[I] accept [His] words” – acknowledge the authority
- “store up [His] commands within [me]” – Remember, mediate, memorize
- “[turn] [my] ear to wisdom” – listen and really hear
- “call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding” – Long for wisdom, hunger after it
- “look for it as for silver and search for it as hidden treasure” – chase after wisdom, persist, know the value of what I seek

THEN:

- “[I] will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God”
- “The Lord gives wisdom”
- “He holds success in store for the upright”
- He will shield, guard and protect “the way of His faithful ones”
- I will “understand what is right and just and fair – every good path”
- “Wisdom will enter [my] heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to [my] soul”
- “Discretion will protect [me] and understanding will guard [me]”

It is laid out very clearly for me to see. If I chase after wisdom, hear her words, and store them in my heart, I will understand, have wisdom, and the Lord will protect me. There is something required of me, but the promise will be fulfilled if I hold up my end of the bargain.

The ways of the wicked (2:12-19)

There are those who “delight in doing wrong”. They find joy in being devious and perverse. Wisdom will save me from them and the fruits of the darkness. Wisdom will save me from temptation and the consequences of sin if I listen to her and obey. If I am wise, I will not be seduced by darkness, I will run from her and my life will be saved.

The reward of righteousness and the consequences of wickedness. (2:20-22)

“Thus you will walk in the ways of the good and keep to the paths of the righteous. For the upright will live in the land, and the blameless will remain in it; but the wicked will be cut off from the land, and the unfaithful will be torn from it.”

Father of Wisdom,
I thank You, Lord that Your promises are true. I believe that if I am obedient to You, if I chase after wisdom and Truth, You will be faithful to pour them out on me. Help me remember, Lord, that something is asked of me in this pursuit. I must cry out and chase after wisdom. May I ever hold her in my heart as a precious jewel and not forsake her for the wisdom of the age.
Amen

Comments

sim only plans said…
i like this topic.....good post....

Popular posts from this blog

Please help...I need your input

Our Perfect Day

Forgiveness