31 Days of Wisdom: Proverbs 8

Please visit the link below if you would like to read through Proverbs 8 before continuing.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs%208&version=NIV

Disclaimer: This is a personal journey of discovery for me. I am not claiming any special wisdom or exposition of my own, only sharing how 31 days of wisdom affect me and stir my spirit. I highly suggest, no matter who is speaking or sharing, that you check their words against the words of Scripture.

Wisdom’s Call

Wisdom calls out, she wants to be heard. Understanding is not quiet. They take a stand on the highest hill, they stand at the crossroad and near the city gate (v1-3).

Wisdom says, “I cry out to all of you, all of mankind. If you are simple or foolish, I am talking to you – hear my words. I can be trusted. I say what’s right and true because I hate what is wrong and wicked. Those who are discerning and upright know that my words are true. They know that absolutely nothing compares with wisdom. I live with prudence and knowledge and discretion belong to me.” (v4-12)

She says, “If you are in awe of the Lord, if you fear Him, you hate evil just as I hate pride, arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech. Wisdom, insight and sound judgment bring power. Those who seek me, who love me, find me and are loved by me. I bring riches, honor, wealth and prosperity. The gifts I give are better than gold or silver. I walk in righteousness and justice and pour out treasures on those who love me.” (v13-21)

She also tells us, “I was there in the beginning. Before the Lord created and formed the earth, I He created me. I watched Him as He delighted every day in His creation. I rejoiced in His presence and watched as He delighted in mankind.”(v22-31)

Wisdom repeats:

Listen to me; keep my ways (v32).

Listen to my instruction – do not ignore me (v33)

You will be blessed if you listen to me. (v34)

“For those who find me find life and receive favor from the Lord. But those who fail to find me harm themselves; all who hate me love death”. (v35-36)

Wisdom wants to be heard; she wants to be found. All we have to do is look for her and we will find her. We will reap her inheritance if we listen to her words, store them in our hearts, and meditate on them. If we choose to follow the ways of righteousness, we walk hand in hand with wisdom.

Father of Wisdom,
Help me to hear the voice of wisdom as she calls out to me. Help me not ignore her. Help me to walk in her ways that I may live a long life and glorify you. Teach me to love wisdom so that I may find favor with You. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please help...I need your input

Our Perfect Day

Forgiveness