31 Days of Wisdom: Proverbs 25

Please visit the link below if you would like to read through Proverbs 25 before continuing.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs%2025&version=NIV

Disclaimer: This is a personal journey of discovery for me. I am not claiming any special wisdom or exposition of my own, only sharing how 31 days of wisdom affect me and stir my spirit. I highly suggest, no matter who is speaking or sharing, that you check their words against the words of Scripture.

Proverbs 25

“It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings. As the heavens are high and the earth is deep, so the hearts of kings are unsearchable." (v2-3)

If what is spoiling the progress is removed, a great feat can be achieved. (v4-5)

Be humble. Do not exalt yourself into a position that is not rightfully yours. It is better to be praised than to praise yourself and have to be put back in your place. (v6-7)

Do not be quick to take things to court as it may cost you more than you know. Be careful to keep confidences. All of these things could bring you shame if you are not careful. (v8-10)

“Like apples of gold in settings of silver is a ruler rightly given. Like an earring of gold or an ornament of fine gold is the rebuke of a wise judge to a listening ear.” (v11-12)

A trustworthy messenger is like a cold drink on a scorching day. But one who brags about things that never happened is like a blustery day with no relief. (v13-14)

“Through patience a ruler can be persuaded, and a gentle tongue can break a bone.” (v15)

Be moderate with everything; with eating and drinking and with the company of friends. (v16-17)

“Like a club or a sword or a sharp arrow is one who gives false testimony against a neighbor. Like a broken tooth or a lame foot is reliance on the unfaithful in a time of trouble. Like one who takes away a garment on a cold day, or like vinegar poured on a wound, is one who sings songs to a heavy heart.” (v18-20)

If your enemy is hungry or thirsty, help him; this is the best revenge. (v21-22)

“Like a north wind that brings unexpected rain is a sly tongue – which provokes a horrified look.” (v23)

Stay away from the quarrelsome wife if it means you have nothing else. (v24)

“Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land. Like a muddied spring or a polluted well are the righteous who give way to the wicked. “(v25-26)

It’s not good to overindulge in anything, even searching out deep matters. (v27)

“Like a city whose walls are broken through is a person who lacks self-control.”(v28)

Dear Father of Wisdom,
Teach me to control my tongue, my desires, my heart, and myself. Lord, I want to be wise and I want to be a place of refuge for my friends. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please help...I need your input

Our Perfect Day

Forgiveness