31 Days of Wisdom: Proverbs 23

Please visit the link below if you would like to read through Proverbs 23 before continuing.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs%2023&version=NIV

Disclaimer: This is a personal journey of discovery for me. I am not claiming any special wisdom or exposition of my own, only sharing how 31 days of wisdom affect me and stir my spirit. I highly suggest, no matter who is speaking or sharing, that you check their words against the words of Scripture.

Proverbs 23

Be careful not to crave things that are out of your price range. (v1-3)

Don’t work for riches or wear yourself out for them; they are fleeting. (v4-5)

Don’t go where you aren’t wanted or where someone begrudges what they give you. (v6-
8)

“Do not speak to fools, for they will scorn your prudent words.” (v9)

Do not cross boundaries; they are there for a reason. (v10-11)

“Apply your heart to instruction and your ears to words of knowledge.” (v12)

If you love your child and wish to save their life, you must discipline them. (v13-
14)

A father rejoices in a son who is wise. (v15-16).

Don’t be jealous of sinners; be jealous for the Lord and you will have hope. (v17-18)

Listen to instruction and be wise. Do everything in moderation. (v19-21)

Honor your parents and treasure their wisdom. The truth should not be sold for any price. (v22-25)

Stay far from the adulterous woman. (v26-28)

Stay away from alcohol; it causes nothing but trouble. (v29-35)

Dear Father of Wisdom,
Teach me to love the things of Your kingdom and not the things of this world. Teach me to keep my eyes on You and not be envious of others. May I be a joy to my parents. Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please help...I need your input

Our Perfect Day

Forgiveness