31 Days of Wisdom; Proverbs 22

Please visit the link below if you would like to read through Proverbs 22 before continuing.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs%2022&version=NIV

Disclaimer: This is a personal journey of discovery for me. I am not claiming any special wisdom or exposition of my own, only sharing how 31 days of wisdom affect me and stir my spirit. I highly suggest, no matter who is speaking or sharing, that you check their words against the words of Scripture.

Proverbs 22

A good name means more than anything. Guard your reputation. (v1)

The Lord is the common ground between all of us; He is our maker. (v2)

The wise can see what’s coming and prepare, but the foolish don’t pay attention and they pay the consequences. (v3)

If you are humble, you will be rewarded. (v4)

Walking in the way of the wicked is dangerous; stay far from it. (v5)

Raise your children in the way they should go and they will stick to it. (v6)

“The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender.”(v7)

If you are a person who thwarts justice, you will come to ruin, it will not go well for you. (v8)

"The generous will themselves be blessed for they share their food with the poor."(v9)

If you get rid of the one causing the problems (the fool), you will have no more insults and strife. (v10)

One who is pure and gracious will gain favor even in high places. (v11)

"The eyes of the Lord keep watch over knowledge, but He frustrates the words of the unfaithful. (v12)

I'm not sure the lesson in this one. "The sluggard says, 'There's a lion outside! I'll be killed in the public square!'" (v13)

The adulturous woman is a trap; the unjust fall into it. (v14)

Disciplining a child will rid him of his folly; it's for his best. (v15)

"One who oppresses the poor to increase his wealth and one who gives gifts to the rich - both come to poverty." (v16)

Pay attention to my teachings and take them to heart; they will make you wise. (v17-21)

Take care of the poor and fight for justice. (v22-23)

Do not be friends with someone with a hot-temper or who is easily angered lest you become like them. (v24-25)

Do not take or give things on credit. (v26-27)

"Do not move an ancient boudnary stone set up by your ancestors." (v28)

If you are excellent and skilled in your work, you will receive honor. (v29)

Dear Father of Wisdom,
May these sayings of wisdom sink deep into my heart. May I be a person of wisdom, grace and knowledge. May I represent You well by being gracious and having control over my actions and words. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please help...I need your input

Our Perfect Day

Forgiveness