31 Days of Wisdom: Proverbs 26

Please visit the link below if you would like to read through Proverbs 26 before continuing.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs%2026&version=NIV

Disclaimer: This is a personal journey of discovery for me. I am not claiming any special wisdom or exposition of my own, only sharing how 31 days of wisdom affect me and stir my spirit. I highly suggest, no matter who is speaking or sharing, that you check their words against the words of Scripture.


Proverbs 26
The foolish person is nothing but trouble to you. Stay away from him. Don’t trust him. Do not put anything in his hands. Do not get on his level or listen to any “wisdom” from him. (v1-12)

“As a dog returns to its vomit, so fools repeat their folly. Do you see a person wise in their own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for them.” (v11-12)

The sluggard is as bad as the fool. He is too lazy to accomplish anything and sits back to watch others handle things. (v13-16)

“Like one who grabs a stray dog by the ears is someone who rushes into a quarrel not their own.” Mind your own business. (v17)

“Like a maniac shooting flaming arrows of death is one who deceives their neighbor and says, ‘I was only joking’!” Be honest. Speak truth. (v18-19)

“Without wood a fire goes out; without a gossip a quarrel dies down. As charcoal to embers and as wood to fire, so is a quarrelsome person for kindling strife. The words of a gossip are like choice morsels; they go down to the inmost parts.” Don’t gossip or pick fights, it only fuels drama and pain. (v20-22)

Those with silver tongues lead you to death. Be wary of someone who is too smooth. (v23-28)

“Whoever digs a pit will fall into it; if someone rolls a stone, it will roll back on them.” (v27)

Dear Father of Wisdom,
Help me keep my mouth shut and stay out of other people’s business. I do not want to be counted among the foolish. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please help...I need your input

Our Perfect Day

Forgiveness